Monday, January 25, 2010

"Cam Jansen and the Summer Camp Mysteries" By: David A. Adler

I remember loving the Cam Jansen series when I was younger. So I figured it would be a perfect way to start my reading adventures with a past favorite. These books were just as I remembered them. They're great beginner chapter books because they tell a cute story, but are also intriguing with a little mystery. This book specifically, was split into three different parts. The book was about Cam and her best friend, Eric's, adventures at overnight camp. It's split up into three different mysteries within their three week stay at the camp.
I think this is a great book because it is split up into three little stories that all relate. This is nice for readers who are new to chapter books because they get a little feeling of accomplishment after each section, while still working to finish the entire book. If I was a teacher I would definitely put some Cam Jansen books on my book cart because I think they're great for both boys and girls to read. The books also contain pictures on a few pages, which is a nice transition from picture books to full novels. I would definitely have this book in my library for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade classes. I also think this book would be great for advanced readers in third grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment