Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"The Gardener" By: Sarah Stewart

I really enjoyed this book! When I read children's books I like a lot of colorful illustrations because they keep me entertained and make the book more interesting. This book had beautiful illustrations! This book is also interesting because it takes place in an older setting. It is set during the Great Depression. I liked how the character's clothes in this book match the time period.
In addition to the great visuals in this book, it has a really sweet story. The entire story is told through letters written by the main character, Lydia Grace. Although her letters are short and written simply, her nervousness, excitement, stories, and goals are all communicated to the reader.
I thought this was a sweet book, and I enjoyed reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment