Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Don't Read This Book, Whatever You Do!" By: Kalli Dakos

How could I not read a book titled, Don't Read this Book, Whatever You Do! I loved this book! It's a really cute book filled with poems all about school. The poems focus on the various aspects of school. Some of the poems are multiple voice poems that are written with students' voices and a teacher voice. Other poems are stories about things that happen at school. For example, one is about a kid who fell asleep during the school play. Others focus on the thoughts and feelings students have related to school.
I really enjoyed the poems in this book, and I think many students would find these poems funny and relatable. In addition to fun poems the illustrations are very cute. The book is printed in black and white, so the illustrations look pencil drawn. On some pages the illustrations frame the text while on other pages the illustrations are larger and go along with the story.
I can definitely see students enjoying this book! I would definitely put it in my classroom library for students to read, but some of the poems are so funny that I might have to read a few aloud to the class. I think this book would be a great addition to my future classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment