Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Double Pink" By: Katie Feiffer

I picked this book up because it made me think of one of my friends. I have a friend who wears a lot of pink, and the pink title and cover of this book made me think of her, so I had to read it! This book is about a little girl who loves the color pink. When Madison was a baby her first words were pink, and from that moment on she wanted everything to be pink. She loved the color pink so much that the only things in her room were pink, and on her birthday she wished that everything was pink. She even painter herself pink once, and when she did her mom couldn't find her. Madison was in her room, but because everything was pink her mom couldn't see her, all she saw was pink. Being lost in all the pink made Madison realize that as much as she loved the color pink she missed the other colors.
This book is a cute book, and it has a good message. It shows its readers that too much of a good thing isn't always good. It takes Madison getting lost in all the pink in her room for her to realize that too much pink isn't fun. She realizes that she missed her other wonderful toys that weren't pink.
As you can only imagine the illustrations in this book are filled with the color pink. The illustrator used acrylic paint and ink to create the pictures. This looks neat because the details are drawn in black ink over the paint.
I thought this was a cute book, and I know that anyone who loves pink will love reading this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment