Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"I Am the Mummy Heb-Nefert" By: Eve Bunting

I thought this book was really interesting. It is told from the perspective of the mummy Heb-Nefert. She begins with her life, and how she was once beautiful. She talks about how she became the wife of the pharaoh's brother, Ti. The story continues to talk about her life, but it then goes on to talk about the traditions of her burial, and how her life continues after her death.
I thought this was a really neat book. The story was interesting, and the illustrations were beautiful. The illustrations, which were done by David Christiana, are intricate and very beautiful. I also think that the color chosen for the end pages of this book is really interesting. The end pages are a stone gray color. I find this interesting because it almost seems like the end pages are the stone sarcophagus that contains the mummy.
I really enjoyed this book, and I think it would be a great book to use when learning about mummies and ancient Egypt. I would definitely find a way to incorporate this book into my lesson because it talks about the life of the person, and then the burial process. I think this book puts into perspective that mummies were once living people.

No comments:

Post a Comment