Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Jimmy Zangwow's Out-of-This-World Moon Pie Adventure" By:Tony DiTerlizzi

I really enjoyed reading Jimmy Zangwow's Out-of-This-World Moon Pie Adventure. It was a really creative book, and the story is very cute. Jimmy wanted his favorite snack, moon pie and milk, but his mom wouldn't let him have any because it would ruin his appetite for dinner. Jimmy went outside to go work on his secret invention in the backyard when it took off, and flew to the moon to get moon pies. He has all sorts of adventures while in space.
The pictures in this book are really neat, and I love all the made up creatures. There are also a lot of cute little details on the title page and the acknowledgements page. I also thought it was really neat how the illustrations on earth are different than those in space. When Jimmy is on earth the illustrations have a white boarder, but when he's in space the illustration takes up the entire page.
I loved this book, and it sends the wonderful message to "never abandon imagination". I could also see reading this book before having my students jump into creative writing. I plan to add this book to my classroom library someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment