Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"You Are Special, Little One" By: Nancy Tafuri

This book is for young children, ages 2-5. It is a very sweet book. It goes through a lot of animals, and every animal baby asks "How am I special?". The animal's parents reply by telling the kid what makes them special. This book was very cute. I like how the author chose to show that each individual animal is special in its own way. The one thing I thought was interesting was that all the animals, and the child at the end of the story always have two parents.
The illustrations in this book were very good. The animals have lots of details and depicted very realistically. The illustrations were created with a mixture of watercolors and color pencils.
Overall I thought this was a cute book, and I could see reading it to little kids one day. I think it's a cute book that reminds us that everyone is different in their own special ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment