Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Judy Moody Gets Famous!" By: Megan McDonald


For my series book, I read one of the Judy Moody novels. I have never read a Judy Moody book, but I thought this one had a very cute story! Even though Judy Moody is a series book, it had a page at the beginning of the book that introduced who's who. I think this is a very important thing because having never read a Judy Moody book it was nice to know who the characters were while I was reading. It's a very cute story about a girl, Judy, who wants to be famous after a girl in her class gets her name and picture in the newspaper. It seems as though everyone Judy knows has been famous in some way except for her.
In addition to a cute story there are also some cute little details to this book too. The die stamp on the front cover is a picture of Judy moody, and this little picture is seen through a cut in the dust jacket. The die stamps looks like it is part of the newspaper Judy is holding on the front cover. There are some full page illustrations throughout the book to show Judy's many attempts at becoming famous. This is a cute book, and I could see young girls enjoying the Judy Moody series.

No comments:

Post a Comment