Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Pink and Say" By: Patricia Polacco

Pink and Say is a really touching story. When I began reading this book I didn't expect it to be so full of emotion, but it tells the story of two boys of different color who befriend each other during the Civil War. It is a surprisingly intense story for a children's book, but also very interesting. This story was written so that Pinkus Aylee's memory would live on.
In addition to really enjoying this story the illustrations are very distinct. While I was reading this book I noticed that the illustrations seemed familiar. Once I finished Pink and Say I realized that I had also read Babushka's Doll. I think it's neat that the author illustrates her own books because then they can not only be recognized by the writing style, but also by the illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment